Tuesday, September 23, 2008

54T - White Dudes Who Hired Chicks Who Can Wail

It's high time for a new feature 'round these parts. Until further notice (i.e. when I change my mind), we're going to be doing a Tuesday Five-fer. Each Tuesday, we'll throw out a unifying theme and the top five examples we can think of. Today, five British acts who hired some women who can really wail and made it work. Not much commentary needed on this one, but plenty of Youtubes to go around.

5) Spiritualized - Come Together (The London Community Gospel Choir)
4) Basement Jaxx - Good Luck (Lisa Kekaula)
3) Joe Cocker - With a Little Help from My Friends: (Madeline Bell, Sunny Weetman, and Rossetta Hightower)
2) Pink Floyd - The Great Gig in the Sky (Clare Torry)
1) The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter (Merry Clayton)

So tell me, which ones did I forget?

No comments: