Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday Youtube

It's always great when some new band comes along and is doing something so original and exciting that you can't help but be psyched about them. I think about the first time I heard Bloc Party. It was Banquet when it was being repeated over and over again on SIRIUS. On the first listen, I was totally hooked. But often more pleasing than that is when you stumble across some band that has been around for decades, and you simply haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet. This seems to occur whenever Quentin Tarantino puts together a new soundtrack. I guess what I'm trying to say is, there are bands out there. And sometimes they've always been out there. It's the reason we keep searching - whether it's stumbling around on the internet, checking out college radio, or flipping through LPs at the local resale record shop.

I had the good fortune of coming across The Equals, a band from London that had a little fame in the late 60s. As soon as I heard them play "Baby Come Back," I knew I'd be hearing it all week. So, to share that feeling with everyone else, I give you The Equals:

No comments: