Friday, June 27, 2008

Unyielding Commissioning Gets Nostalgic for the Good Old Days

Raise Your Voice -- Over at The Silver Key, Brian has laid out his picks for the Top Ten Heavy Metal Vocalists of all time. No, Lita Ford didn't make the cut. Check out his list. I think he did a great job.

Shuffle You Can Believe In -- By now, I'm sure you've heard. Obama has finally released his I-pod roster. Thank goodness. Our long, national nightmare is finally over. Basically, he likes the kind of music people that are 46 years old like. Jazz, blues, Bob Dylan, and Bruce Springsteen. In the latest issue of Rolling Stone, he lauds Stevie Wonder's incredible string of albums in the early and mid 70s, a run that nobody else has ever matched in terms of quality in such a short time span. Yes, that includes the Beatles. Speaking of Stevie, are you aware that he's playing Taste of Chicago tomorrow? For free? You simply must go. See you there when he hits the stage at 5:30.

We'll take Cooke's car. He won't be needing it. -- This weekend, at the Music Box, Commando. That's right a movie once reviewed here which I said was "over the top in all facets - from plot to acting to explosions." Highly worth seeing if you haven't yet, it's playing at midnight on both Friday and Saturday. Seeing word of Commando reminded me that there are still a handful of movies that really deserve the Schwarzenegger Sunday treatment. This summer is an impossibly busy one, but I'll see what I can do. I'd hate to just leave them dangling out there like Sully, or worse, let them go like Sully.

No comments: