Thursday, May 31, 2007

Unyielding Commissioning Loves L.A. like Randy Newman

Couldn't find a Magic Johnson Article: Fishbone is touring, and you should check them out. Chances are if you live in another country, you're more interested in them, but they're only one of the greatest live bands in history. I haven't seen the new lineup sober (and when I say sober, I'm referring to them, not me), but based on the album, I have to think they're pretty solid. I'm still bitter about the fact that I was out of the country when they played Illinois (that's right - Illinois, not Chicago). My dad sent me this article discussing the current state of the band and their tour. It sounds like Angelo is getting a bit burned out. So go see 'em. And bring your Nuttmeg...


Also interviewed this week, Perry Farrell in the Onion A.V. Club. He also touches on the late 80's LA scene, how these band got their start, and how they changed the music industry. They mainly talk about his new outfit, Satellite Party, but it's worth a read.

No mo'! Lollapalooza has added a bunch of kids' bands as well as moe. I saw moe. open for The Who last fall. Let's just say I was not impressed. The lineup is getting bigger, but not looking at all better. I'm more pumped up for Pitchfork right now. The bands they add are a helluva lot more compelling.

How's the rawk up there? Full time baller and avid music fan Paul Shirley's new book is getting good reviews. He's a quality writer, but I've yet to read his book. You can purchase it here.

No comments: