Friday, April 27, 2007

Unyielding Commissioning is rated G (at least today)

No, you get a thumbs up! Roger Ebert appeared at his Overlooked Film Festival in Champaign, and thank goodness. He’s not looking so good, but I don’t think he gives a crap. He can’t talk, and has trouble walking due to back pain, but it is still great to see him up and out. We’ll see you in the balcony soon, Rog!

You may now judge art for yourself. Jack Valenti died on Thursday. He was the head of the MPAA and the one designed the censorship Movie Rating System we are blessed with today. Honestly, everything I know about the man is probably not fit for an obituary, so I’m just passing along the news. I don’t think that ratings will change much because of this (he was 85, so I can't imagine he was all that involved any more), but it would be nice if someone would fix them. In any event, expect a South Park episode lambasting him in the next two weeks…

More Lolla Bands Added. But I’m not exactly familiar with any of these:
Kinky
I’m From Barcelona
John Paul White
Tom Schraeder
They also have a 30-second music clip for each act on their site. So start checking it out!

Here there be tygers!

No comments: