Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lolla Plans

Lollapalooza is a mere three days from now, and I'm slathering on the sunscreen in advance. At last year's festival, I was super-aggressive and managed to take in 27 full sets from various artists. This year, the lineup isn't as deep and I'm planning to take a more relaxed approach. Here's my plan - with notes where appropriate:

Friday
11:45 The Fratellis (I'm digging their album - hope it translates live)
1:30 Ted Leo w/ Rx (Maybe he'll bash his face in again (bottom of the page))
2:30 Polyphonic Spree
3:30 Electric Six / Against Me!
5:00 Silversun Pickups (On a smaller stage. It's going to be packed)
6:30 The Black Keys
7:30 LCD Soundsystem
8:30 Daft Punk

Saturday
12:45 Tokyo Police Club
1:30 Tapes 'n Tapes
3:30 Cold War Kids
4:30 The Roots
5:00 Roky Erickson & the Explosives
6:30 Yeah Yeah Yeahs
7:30 Patti Smith
8:30 Interpol (I can't get enough of the new release. It's fantastic)

Sunday
12:15 The Cribs (Should be fun. Maybe they'll bring this chick.)
1:15 Rodrigo y Gabriela
2:15 Amy Winehouse (I'm skeptical of how good she'll be, but worth checking out)
4:15 The Stooges (Top act of the festival for me)
6:15 Modest Mouse
7:15 TV on the Radio (They really got the crap slot here)
8:00 Pearl Jam (what the hell - might be decent)

So what's your plan?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the fratellis